Time Warner Cable Business Class Announces Charlotte, North Carolina “Small Business, Big Impact” Winners to be Honored at Awards Ceremony
Customer contest highlights small business successes through use of technology
Time Warner Cable Business Class (TWCBC) is set to honor the winners in its first-ever “Small Business, Big Impact” contest for the Charlotte, North Carolina region. On Friday, October 24, Time Warner Cable Business Class will recognize Charlotte-based Time Warner Cable small business customers for their winning submissions on how they have used TWCBC Internet, WiFi, Phone, TV, and/or Cloud in their business. TWCBC customers were invited to submit their technology success stories, which were judged on how effectively they have used technology to improve business practices and customer satisfaction.
The October 24 awards breakfast will highlight a number of successful local businesses that are leveraging technology to better serve their customers, grow their business, and stay ahead of the competition. The event will be hosted by Rob Boisvert, Charlotte-based morning weekday anchor for Time Warner Cable News, who brings years of news experience to the Carolinas. This year’s ceremony will also host Charlotte Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Mr. Bob Morgan, who will also serve as the keynote speaker. Mr. Morgan will discuss the importance of small businesses to the local Charlotte community and touch on the current state of the local business climate.
“It’s important to recognize the work being done within the Charlotte small business community,” said Bob Morgan, president and CEO of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce. “This event is important not only to honor those achievements, but also to emphasize how important small businesses are to Charlotte’s development and success.”
Time Warner Cable Business Class is proud to announce the following winners of the 2014 “Small Business, Big Impact” award:
- Accelerate Solar: Residential and Commercial Solar Energy Installers
- Anointed Flooring, Inc.: Commercial and Residential Flooring
- Baker-Pegram Insurance Agency: Personal and Business Lines – Risk Management
- Bignon's African Hair Braiding & Weaving, LLC: Full-Service Hair Salon
- Carolinas Metro Realty: Real Estate Sales and Property Management
- Charlotte Engineers, LLP: MEP Design Engineers
- Cloud 9 Smokeshop: Tobacco Accessories and Smoking Supplies
- The Dog Knowledge: Service Dog Trainers
- Gat3 Productions: Multiple Grammy Award-Winning Recording and Production Studio
- Gaylord Bralley Agency: Auto, Home and Life Insurance
- HD Products, Inc.: Auto Detailing Supplies
- Homes of Hope: Transitional Housing for the Homeless
- Martin Holdings, Inc.: Mini Storage Movers and Rentals
- Mill Grove United Methodist Church: Methodist Church and Preschool
- Minit Maids, Inc.: Professional Home Cleaning Service
- Monroe Sewing & Vac Center: Sewing Machine and Vacuum Sales and Service
- R.M. Beasley & Assoc., Inc.: Insurance Health Agency
- Rochelle Salon Suites, LLC: One Stop Beauty Salon
- San Marco Coffee, Inc.: Fresh-Roasted Coffee to Order
- The Secret Chocolatier: Chocolate, Confections and Cake Shop
- Southern Blossom Florist: Floral – Wedding – Gift Baskets
- SPARK Publications: Creative Design and Content for Magazines, Books, Catalogs and Marketing Promotions
- Spice Cafe: Indian Food Restaurant
- The Ultra Running Company, LLC: Specialty Running and Apparel
- US Tax Express: Tax Preparation and Planning
Winners will receive their choice of either 10 Standard Hosted Exchange mailboxes and 1 Gb of SharePoint for one year, or 100 Gb of Online Backup for one year. Hosted Exchange is a robust mail service that includes calendaring and task management with the enhanced security of spam filters, virus scanning, archiving, and encryption. Sharepoint allows employees to share files and securely pass information from one person to another. Online Backup helps businesses minimize the risk of data loss due to file corruption, theft, accidental deletion, and physical disasters with off-site, secure storage and protection.
These services can make technology work even harder for these businesses while providing the cost savings that will go right to their bottom line. Winners will also receive recognition on the Time Warner Cable Business Class website, social properties, and related “Small Business, Big Impact” materials.
“We couldn’t be happier with the response to our first essay competition in Charlotte,” said Maureen Link, Group Vice President, Small Business, Time Warner Cable Business Class. “The level of submissions was extremely impressive, and it is clear that local businesses are seeing real value in the use of technology, as they look to grow their business and better engage with their customers. In organizing an event to celebrate local Charlotte region winners, we also want to acknowledge that small businesses are the backbone of our country’s economy and deserve recognition.”
Time Warner Cable Business Class and its associates work closely with small businesses in Charlotte and continue to witness their success firsthand. The Small Business Association reports that 23 million U.S. small businesses account for 54 percent of all U.S. sales and 55 percent of all jobs; through “Small Business, Big Impact,” Time Warner Cable Business Class is celebrating the positive and major impact small businesses have on the Charlotte and United States economies.
About Time Warner Cable Business Services
Time Warner Cable Business Services, a division of Time Warner Cable, offers a full complement of business communications tools to small, medium and enterprise-sized companies under its Time Warner Cable Business Class brand. Its Internet, voice, television, network and cloud services are enhanced by award-winning customer service and local support teams. Through its NaviSite subsidiary, Time Warner Cable Business Services also offers scalable managed services, including application services, enterprise hosting, and managed cloud services primarily in the U.S. and U.K. Time Warner Cable Business Services, founded in 1998, serves approximately 625,000 business customers throughout Time Warner Cable's service areas. For more information, visit http://business.twc.com.