Time Warner Cable Business Class Brings Home-Like HD Video Offering to Healthcare Facilities
Scalable Solution Provides Extensive Programming Choices and Eliminates the Need for Costly, On-Premises Equipment
March 2014 | New York, NY
Time Warner Cable Business Class (TWCBC) today announced the launch of an HD video offering for healthcare facilities that will create a viewing experience similar to what patients would find in their home.
HD Video for Healthcare provides medical facilities a cost-effective way to upgrade to a feature-rich, extensive high-definition (HD) programming solution that is patient-friendly. The service, which interfaces with most bedside pillow speakers, provides HD video, free On Demand programming, an interactive program guide and the ability to pause live TV to hospitals, doctor’s offices, long-term care facilities and other locations.
“Consumers enjoy robust video offerings at home, and healthcare facilities are eager to replicate that experience to help create a comfortable and familiar setting for patients. Entertainment is an important aspect of creating a more relaxing, positive atmosphere in medical facilities. Our HD Video for Healthcare solution gives patients the television experience they want, which will ultimately assist administrators in improving satisfaction and drive higher Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores,” said Greg King, Senior Vice President and Chief Product and Strategy Officer, Time Warner Cable Business Services.
This new service, which eliminates the need for costly equipment or the need to accommodate bulky in-room set-top boxes, is an addition to TWCBC’s growing Healthcare portfolio of products and services.
Key benefits of the HD Video for Healthcare offering include:
- A variety of programming packages and the ability to insert a local channel for in-house content
- Access to more than 100 HD channels, including premiums, music channels and select international content, as well as 1000s of hours of free On Demand movies and content
- Simple-to-use on-screen guide and a specially designed, antimicrobial remote control, allows patients to easily search for shows and change settings
- The option for medical facilities to display their logo on the guide
- Ability to pause live TV, fast forward or rewind up to 60 minutes
- A small, unobtrusive box that is mounted to the back of the television, specifically designed for commercial applications
- An online portal that enables staff to remotely monitor each box to adjust key features like parental controls without disturbing the patient
- Ability to interface with bedside pillow speakers, providing increased convenience for patients
- Reliable service delivered over TWCBC’s wholly owned and operated fiber rich network, fully managed by dedicated 24/7 support
“HD Video for Healthcare builds on our legacy as a leading provider of video solutions for businesses of all size and is a natural extension of our growing suite of products targeting the healthcare industry,” added King.
For more information about HD Video for Healthcare or any other TWCBC services, visit business.twc.com. In addition to HD Video for Healthcare, Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a broad range of Internet, Voice, Television, Network and Cloud services.
About Time Warner Cable Business Class
Time Warner Cable Business Class, a division of Time Warner Cable, offers a full complement of business communications tools to small-and medium-sized businesses and enterprise-sized companies. Its Voice, Internet, Television, Network and Cloud Services are enhanced by award-winning customer service and local support teams. Through its NaviSite subsidiary, the Company also offers managed and outsourced information technology solutions and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Business Class was founded in 1998. Today, it serves more than 600,000 business customers throughout Time Warner Cable's markets. For more information, please visit business.twc.com.
Time Warner Cable