WiFi Hotspots FAQs
WiFi Hotspots provide public wireless Internet access nationwide in both indoor and outdoor locations. Spectrum Internet and Spectrum Business Internet customers have free access to Spectrum WiFi, TWC WiFi, Bright House WiFi, and other cable WiFi networks. Additionally, Spectrum Business Interenet customers can have a WiFi Hotspot installed at their business at no charge.
Spectrum Business Internet customers in serviceable areas that have regular public foot traffic are good candidates for hosting a WiFi Hotspot. Restaurants, doctors’ offices, car repair shops, salons and retail locations are just some examples of typical host businesses.
Hosting a WiFi Hotspot at your business location provides many benefits including:
- A dedicated WiFi network for the public that runs on separate bandwidth from your business network, leaving it secure and free from interference for your own transactions
- Free equipment, installation, service and ongoing support
- Free marketing signage to let your customers know you have free WiFi
- Access to a self-service management portal with many features including reports on who is using your WiFi, when and for how long, customization options for daily free access time, branding on the WiFi sign in portal and more
- Exposure to millions of potential customers when your location and website address is featured on WiFi maps and apps
A public WiFi Hotspot from Spectrum Business provides an open, public facing wireless Internet connection for your customers to use. Business WiFi is a private LAN and secure network intended for employee use and business transactions.
The public WiFi Hotspot access point from Spectrum Business is separate from the Internet and wireless router used for your Business WiFi and therefore will not interfere with your business Internet bandwidth.
For service and support for a public WiFi Hotspot that was installed in your business by Time Warner Cable or Spectrum, call our dedicated WiFi Hotspot support hotline at 1-855-344-4693.
For questions about personal use of the WiFi Hotspot network installed in your business by Time Warner Cable or Spectrum, contact general WiFi customer support at 1-855-851-9350.
For questions about installation or service of a WiFi Hotspot, contact your local Spectrum Business Representative or call 800-314-7195.
The WiFi Hotspot Management Portal is a self-service online tool that enables a Hotspot Host to check the status of their hotspot and to customize the sign-in experience. Customization options include setting daily free access time for customers (the default setting is 30-minutes per month), adding a business logo, creating a customer message, and selecting the website customers land on after sign in. Hosts can also view and download reports on WiFi activity in their business, add portal administrative users.
If you need additional assistance, contact the WiFi Hotspot support hotline at 1-855-344-4693.
You can access the Management Portal in two ways.
1) Through My Account
1. Sign in to My Account with your Username and Password
2. From the Overview tab, look for Service Links
3. Select WiFi Hotspot button. You will be taken directly to the dashboard of the WiFi Hotspot Management Portal
2) Directly to Management Portal
1. Locate your WiFi Hotspot Management Portal Username and Password. This was sent to you in an email immediately after the installation of your hotspot.
2. Go to www.admin.twcwifi.com and sign in using the credentials sent to you in this email.
Be sure to bookmark the portal url and save your credentials to simplify future sign-in.
To sign in directly at www.admin.twcwifi.com, you will need the WiFi Hotspot Management Portal username and password that was sent to you in an email immediately after the install of your hotspot. If you cannot locate this email, contact our dedicated WiFi Hotspot support line at 1-855-344-4693 to request an email that will help you reestablish your credentials.
Using WiFi Hotspots
Since Time Warner Cable Business Class is now Spectrum Business, you must be a Spectrum Business Internet Customer or a Spectrum Residential Internet customer with a TWC ID username and password to access a WiFi hotspot provided by Spectrum. All other users can also access the TWCWiFi network name with a Free Trial or a prepaid Access Pass. The default for the Free Trial period is 30 minutes per month, but a host business can customize this to daily access via the WiFi Hotspot Management Portal.
Any Spectrum Business Internet customer with My Account username and password can qualify for unlimited access to TWCWiFi, TWCWiFi-Passpoint and partner WiFi hotspots. To access, follow these easy steps:
1. Make sure the WiFi on your mobile device is turned on
2. Select the WiFi network name from available network options (e.g: TWCWiFi, TWCWiFi-Passpoint)
3. Open your browser and sign in with credentials
4. Accept Terms of Service and connect
For support on qualifying Spectrum Business credentials, go to https://myaccount.timewarnercable.com/
TWCWiFi-Passpoint is a maximum security WiFi network option for qualified Internet customers. TWCWiFi-Passpoint provides the same type WPA2 enterprise grade encryption as your Home WiFi network, allowing you to send security-sensitive data when you're on-the-go.
Access to the TWCWiFi-Passpoint network is free for qualified Internet customers which includes all Spectrum Internet and Spectrum Business Internet customers with a Spectrum ID username and password.
As an extension of their Internet service, several US Internet providers enable each other's qualified Internet customers to access a nationwide network of over 500,000 WiFi hotspots through the network name CableWiFi.
Access to the CableWiFi network is free for qualified Internet customers which includes all Spectrum Internet and Spectrum Business Internet customers with a Spectrum ID username and password.
Access to Boingo Hotspots is free for qualified Internet customers which includes all Spectrum Internet and Spectrum Business Internet Customers with a Spectrum ID username and password.
Select Boingo Hotspot when you see it on your list of available networks. On the Boingo WiFi sign-in page, select Time Warner Cable or Spectrum from the dropdown list of Internet service providers and click Log In. On the next screen, enter your Spectrum ID username and password and sign in.
For automatic access to a Boingo Hotspot, download the latest release of the Spectrum WiFi Finder. Follow the prompts to save your credentials and create a Passpoint profile and your device will automatically connect to Boingo Hotspots whenever you are in range.