Metro Ethernet Forum Certification
Our Ethernet services are Metro Ethernet Forum CE 2.0 certified, ensuring conformance and performance with global Carrier Ethernet specifications. The certification tests cover the full set of service attributes including:
- Ethernet physical interface
- User-to-Network Interface (UNI) attributes
- External Network-Network Interface (E-NNI) attributes
- Service frame delivery
- VLAN tag support
- Service Performance with Enhanced SLAs
- Bandwidth profiles
- Bandwidth profile rate enforcement
- SOAM - Performance and Fault Management (PM & FM)
Technical Specifications for Ethernet Private Line (EPL)
Built on industry-standard, MEF-compliant Ethernet, EPL connects two locations over a secure point-to-point connection with scalable bandwidth speeds ranging from 5 Mbps to 10 Gbps. Our flexible network configurations provide dedicated connectivity over our secure, wholly owned network infrastructure.
- Ethernet User-to-Network Interface: EPL provides bidirectional, full duplex transmission of Ethernet frames using a standard MEF 9 Ethernet User Network Interface (UNI).
- Traffic management: Network traffic-policing policies restrict traffic flows to the subscribed CIR for each service class.
- Maximum frame size: EPL supports a Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) packet size of 1600 bytes to support untagged or 802.1Q tagged packet sizes. Jumbo packets can be considered on an individual case basis.
- VLAN tag preservation: EPL supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN-tagged customer packets.
- Ethernet Service Frame Disposition: EPL delivers all service frames associated with the EVC unconditionally across the network.
- Layer 2 Control Protocol (L2CP) Processing: L2CP frames are either discarded at the UNI, tunneled across the network or processed by the UNI.